Wikipedia

Arama sonuçları

21 Mayıs 2020 Perşembe

AR (Augmented Reality)


   Heellooo!!!
   I hope you all feel happy!!!
Today our topic is Augmented Reality which is similar to VR I mentioned on my previous post!
Firstly we should make a distinction between rwo types of Augmented Reality which are Marker-based and Markerless. In Markerbased type, we need some existing pictures; flashcards etc. to use. We just show it to the camera of our phones and we see the augmented version of these photos :). In Markerless type, we do not need any existing pictures etc. We just show our setting to the camera and see our augmented figures in the camera!!!
   To give an example for the Marker-based augmented reality, we can give maps as an example.

    What you need to do here is just encoding your intended video/photo and scanning picture you have encoded with your camera then your augmented reality is ready for you! You as a teacher can not bring an English Museum on your class, but you can bring its augmented version in your smartboard. You can teach the flags of all countries as if they are holding them in their hands. You can just show a picture and pass the topic. However, if you are to be an effective, idealist teacher, you realize what you teach, you teach your students in an environment which is natural as much as possible. An example for markerless type of AR is surely POKEMON! :) I adapted this idea to my elephant friend :) here is my example via UniteAr app:



   To do this, I just scanned my setting (room) and then the figure chose appeared there, at my home :) I named him as Mino :). You see, in my real world, there is an augmented elephant :) On my fingers!!!



    I can really imagine how much my students will get excited when they learn animals in that way holding them on their fingers!! Surely, both types of AR is excellent which present us unnatural worlds but feels like real.
                                                     
       Imagine your students who are shy of speaking in your classes. Is not this an excellent way to attract your students' attraction?? Why our students do not practice speaking  as if they were this elephant and introducing it? :))))
Some apps that can be helpful for you aRe UnitAr, ARize, DevAR, Sketchfab, HP Reveal...

                              See you soon!!!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

SECOND LIFE ?

   HELLOO EVERYONE!!!    I hope you are all doing good!!! I do :)) Because I had some fun today which were all about my university and -...